LONDON IN WINTER



Winter is one of my favourite seasons, and I'm probably biased because i'm a winter baby, but I love wrapping up warm and not having to think too much about throwing on a coat, making too many hot chocolates, and doing wintery things like go ice-skating and shop for more coats. Just me?


December is always one of my favourite months. Of course, christmas was the main event, (still not over it, miss you) and leading up to it I had so much fun trying to make sure to do things, and see people that I don't usually get to. So I thought i'd share some of the pictures that had the intention of a post but got lost among the christmas mayhem, just in case anyone is interested in the places we enjoyed!

Doughnut Time

Firstly, my lovely friend Nataly and I headed to check out Doughnut Time on Shaftesbury Avenue, an Australian doughnut chain that's just come across to the UK, and it did not disappoint!



I had the chocolate orange doughnut because why wouldn't you?! And Nataly had the red velvet one. She was a trooper and managed to actually finish hers, whereas me on the other hand had a little left over. Classic me, I can just hear my friend Jade telling me off for wasting food...





What a stunner! We then headed to one of my favourite winter spots in London, the pop-up ski lodge at the Montague On The Gardens for a hot chocolate. We actually ended up spending about 3 hours there just chatting and laughing and I love her for that. She's the best. I didn't snap any pictures of the ski-lodge, but check out her post from last year where you can getter a better insight as to why we LOVE it here! Also, fake snow!

Peggy Porchen

Now moving on to one of mine and Beth's favourite places (along with every other blogger/millenial/tourist but oh well) The infamous (or insta-famous?) pink cafe in Chelsea, Peggy Porchen!



We've been before in summer and had a drink under the beautiful flower display outside their door, but we wanted to check out what the cafe did for their winter installation this year. Lots of beautiful winter foliage, fake snow, fair lights and pastel coloured baubles.




We both sat outside which looked great, and was great for people watching, but also probably the coldest day of the year so far so that was fun. I had the cutest gingerbread cupcake and a hot chocolate, whilst beth splashed out on a slice of pink prossecco cake seeing as though it was her birthday celebration.


Natural History Museum 

After a morning of coffee and cake, we headed back through sloane square and headed to the Natural History Museum for some ice-skating, something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do and never had the chance. But our friend Laura (who we met all the way in Thailand last year) came down from Newcastle to help beth celebrate and we thought it would be a fun thing to do all together. If you're visiting London and want something wintery to do, you can't beat this experience. Skating as the sun went down over the beautiful museum with some of my closest friends was something I want to live over and over. It was so much fun, and within the ticket price was a hot chocolate from Hotel Chocolat. The salted Caramel one was delicious and I would recommend the ice-skating purely for the hot drink after.




Winter Wonderland

Everyone and their dog (or chicken. Not lying when I say that we met a man who had smuggled a chicken into winter wonderland under his hat. Welcome to the city!) has been to winter wonderland, and I guess its just because its the best way to celebrate winter with something for everyone to do. We went on rides, drank hot cider, viewed London from the big wheel, ate lots of food from the markets and sang along to cheesy christmas songs. Hyde Park has turned back to its usual green space for now, but come November it will be back again and if you haven't been, you have to check it out!










So there's a couple of the places I've visited this winter. I have so many places on my list for this year, but I am also SO ready for spring and summer and light and holiday and warmth. I've forgotten what that feels like... I'm ready!
















No comments